Click here to see the beautiful
moaics created by the Adult 2003 Painting and Drawing
in a Virtual Studio Class
Mosaic are a decorative and narratives art form since Roman times. A
mosaic is a picture or decorative design made by setting small colored
pieces, as of stone or tile, into a surface.
Painter 7's Make>Mosaic feature allows you to create an original mosaic
by drawing or to create a mosaic by cloning a photo and then laying down
the tiles in the clone.
1. Download the Butterfly.jpg
2. Save the image in .riff format
3. Color the butterfly with vivid colors using Painters brushes or Artistic
4. Add contrasting colors in the background of the image.
5. Create the mosaic
6. Apply a surface texture to add luminance and depth to the individual
Internet Field Trip:
Mosaic Web Site - Examples of the art form